And now for the Granola bars. These chocolate ones are my favourite. I use PC Ancient Grain/7 Reasons cereal for my "additional grains", but you can always use additional nuts/seeds/etc if you aren't allergic to most of them.
|3 cups||Rolled (Large Flake) Oats|
|1 1/2 cups||Additional Grains/Cereals|
|1 1/2 cups||Chocolate Chips|
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C)
- In a bowl, mix the rolled oats, grains and coconut.
- Measure the water, and add the cornstarch to the water (keep in the measuring cup). Stir the cornstarch until consistently mixed.
- Heat a large frying pan/stir fry pan on the stovetop at high heat, then add the cornstarch/water mixture. Stir and wait until the mixture is a consistent gel.
- Add the chocolate chips to the mixture and stir until consistently melted.
- Add rolled oats/coconut/grain mixture and mix until evenly coated. Scoop onto a baking sheet, and flatten/shape as desired.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes.
- Cut to desired size.