This recipe is very similar to the Chocolate Granola Bar recipe, but with slightly adjusted proportions. This should work equally well with any other dried fruit. I usually use dried apricots nowadays.
|3 cups||Rolled (Large Flake) Oats|
|1 1/2 cups||Additional Grains/Cereals|
|1 1/2 cups||Dried Cranberries|
|1 1/2 cup||Water|
|1/4 cup||Honey/Maple Syrup/Brown Sugar|
|1 tbsp||Brown Sugar|
- Preheat oven to 300 F (150 C)
- In a bowl, mix the rolled oats, grains, cranberries and coconut.
- Measure the water
- Add the sweetener to the water, using displacement to confirm that 1/4 cup is added
- Add the cornstarch to the water (keep in the measuring cup). Stir the cornstarch until consistently mixed.
- Heat a large frying pan/stir fry pan on the stovetop at high heat, then add the cornstarch/water/sweetner mixture. Stir and wait until the mixture is a consistent gel.
- Add rolled oats/coconut/cranberry/grain mixture and mix until evenly coated. Scoop onto a baking sheet, and flatten/shape as desired.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Cut to desired size.