Having had trouble with media-player sync solutions in Linux, I decided to roll my own Python script to synchonize my media player automatically, and cover format conversion & playlist restructuring. Like the gmusicbrowser script, it's not particularly user friendly. However, it should be useful for a variety of media players. Let me know if it works for you.
You will need:
- Python 3.x
- avconv if converting from m4a or converting to mp3
- vorbiscomment if converting to ogg
- appropriate avconv mp3 encoder package if converting to mp3. This is 'libavcodec-extra-53' in Ubuntu
Included in the download are three files:
- The module that does all the work
- Documentation for said module
- An example export script that uses the module to synchronize my android phone.
When you download this, have a look at the syncphoneall.py file to get an idea of how it works, then modify to suit your needs.
mediasync.tar.bz2 (8.2 kB)